11 Mar Profitable, Growing Sewing, Quilting & Crafting Retailer
Location: New Mexico
Industry: Retail & Wholesale
Listing ID: N215
Enjoy a personally and financially rewarding business that puts you at the center of a creative community with a shared passion for sewing, quilting, embroidering, and more. This dynamic business has garnered a loyal customer base, proven resilience, and expanded its geographical reach around the Southwest and beyond. Sales and discretionary earnings didn’t slacken over 2020, and 2021 is already off to a record-breaking start.
- Exclusive dealer for the top brands in the industry
- Diversified products and services
- Large population base across a broad geographic area
- Instore, online, and curb-side sales with an ecommerce website integrated with its POS system
- Strong roster of ongoing classes, workshops, and special events both online and in person
- Over 3,000 subscriber to its monthly newsletter
- Third party resources monitor inventory, make purchasing suggestions to ensure a quick inventory turn and maximize return on capital investments, track consumer trends, maintain a dynamic online presence, grow its online following, and produce monthly and annual financial reports.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a couple to join forces, combine their talents, and enjoy working on a business together.
Cash Flow: $148,504
FFE: $41,899 (Included in Price)
Inventory: $230,000 (Included in Price)
Real Estate: (Not Included in Price)
Reason For Sale:
Seller will retire.
Training & Support:
Seller will offer up to four weeks of training, details to be negotiated.
Year Established: 2005
Year of Last Acquisition: 2005
Non-Owner Payroll: $102,126
Employees: 2 FT, 11 PT
Monthly Rent: 3459
Square Footage: 3300
Favorable lease in an attractive, well-maintained venue that offers ample space for retail, classrooms, storage, and more. Good street presence in a commercially vibrant area
This business holds exclusive relationships with sought-after brands. It is known for its excellent customer service, diverse and unique product offerings, and dynamic, well-attended classes. Special events and holiday-themed workshops garner strong attendance.
The business just started to tap its potential for online sales and events. As the appeal of needle-crafting takes hold among a younger demographic, this business develops these relationships with novice sewers and meets their needs as they advance in their chosen craft.